Monday 1 June 2009

Hot Toys - Dutch from Predator

I recently received my Dutch figure from the Predator film. I'm a big fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger and used to watch most of his early eighties film when I was a kid. The first time I noticed Arnie was in Predator, he just reminded me of comic superheroes. So I was very pleased to hear that Hot Toys was doing the Predator line, though HT did do a Predator before but it was the Predator in Alien vs Predator.
(Click on pictures for bigger image)


The headsculpt was crafted by Yulli a talented Korean sculptor and looks exactly like the man. The boxset comes with the following items:

- M16 with M203 grenade launcher
- Pistol
- Drop leg holster
- Combat knife with sheath
- Machete with sheath
- Tactical gloves
- Boots
- Grenades
- Cigar

The gear here is great, though some people have said that some items didn't exactly match the film such as one of the knifes and the pistol should have been a desert eagle.


With Arnold's muscular presence HT decided to use their rubber bodies for this figure, but with this they've added, just a little, articulation to the arms. Both arms are removeable from the body with its ball-joint socket. I think it's a good idea HT have done this, as you're able to move the arms without stressing the rubber, because the previous muscular bodies were one piece torso which caused tear due to posing the figure in different positions. Still the rubber will be stressed around the elbow area when the arm is posed in a 45 degress position. Wonder if HT will figure a way round that! One thing I dread with these rubber bodies are they may deteriorate in the future, since preivous rubber bodies have deteriorated, but now HT seems to have better material, so touch wood these last longer than me, haha.

0 comments: