Thursday 21 May 2009

Enterbay - 龍爭虎鬥

In 2007 Enterbay released their third series of Bruce Lee figures from the film Enter The Dragon (龍 爭虎鬥). Two versions were made, A and B. The B version comes with a different headsculpt, a white tunic, a black catsuit, a nunchuck and a few hands. The best thing about version B was the catsuit, as my most memorable moment of the film was when Bruce Lee was in the catsuit sneaking into the enemy's base.

Version A consist of:

Blue suit
Brown suit
Extra pair of hands
Boxing Gloves

I chose Version A because I like the plain expression. Also if I wanted the catsuit I can always try and make one.

The headsculpt was produced by Arnie Kim, an South Korean sculptor, he has been sculpting Bruce Lee heads for a long time, but now I feel he has started to capture Bruce Lee's essence.
The nice thing about the headsculpt is the moveable eyeball system, which gives the character more expression. The paint job is excellent compared to other companies, though they seemed to have given my Bruce Lee extra blushes than required.

The body is beautifully sculpted, but the articulation is limited compared to Hot Toys True Type. One minor fault of the body is the feet joints which is quite loose, therefore it would not hold some poses upright. I think the best way Enterbay can retify this problem is by using the ball-joint system like Hot Toy, as it provide more poses for the figure and keeps it in posture.

It's quite cool that they've included the boxing gloves as they were used near the beginning of the film when Bruce was sparing.

Enterbay and Arnie Kim have done an excellent job in bringing a realistic 1/6 version of Bruce Lee. It's one of my favorite figures so far, just with the craftsmanship that has gone into it.